Awards I’ve received:
I was nominated for the WordPress Family Award by petrel41 from Dear Kitty. Some blog. Thanks so much for the nomination!
“This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I start this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award.”
The rules of this award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Here are my 10 nominations:
1. Wanderlust Overloaded
2. Follow My Wanders
3. Just Popping Out for a Bit
4. Wandering Welsh Kisses
7. A Heart of Adventure
8. Mahi Travel
9. Burns the Fire
10. Not Yet There
“This award is passed to blogs which have high quality writing, good photography and unique posts. “
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Nominate 15 people for the award and let them know they have been nominated.
- Write 7 facts about yourself
Here are my 15 nominations:
- Sunburnt Back
- The Other Side
- Girl in the Wild World
- The Jet-Setting Brunette
- Building Wings and Dreams
- Mind, Body & Buddha
- Stripped Canvas
- 110 Days
- Two Roads
- Polaroid Suitcase
- Prose and Chocolate
- Holistic Wanderlust
- Darkk Horse Travel
- Hope for the Road
- The Same Sunset
Here are 7 facts about me:
- My first independent travel experience was when I was 16. I moved to Northern Ireland to do a year of high school abroad. That experience completely changed my outlook on the world and made me passionate about traveling more.
- My favorite places in the world are Southern Taiwan and Northern Kansas.
- I changed my major five times in college. I have a degree in Political Science (with a focus on International Relations), but I’m still not sure what kind of career I’d like to have.
- My worst fear is fish. Don’t like to see ’em, touch ’em, smell ’em. or eat ’em. They’re awful!
- I love meeting new people, but I’m an introvert at heart. I need my books/movies/video games/writing down-time!
- I wish everything was the color purple. I wish nothing was the color orange.
- If I had to eat only one thing for the rest of my life, it would be crème brûlée.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Catherine from Globestrotter Scribbles. Thank you, Catherine, for this nomination!
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they ask you.
- Nominate your favorite 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask those bloggers 11 questions.
- Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so that they can continue the chain.
Now to answer Catherine’s questions:
- What’s your dream destination and why? Anywhere in Africa– I’ve made plans several times to go, and they have fallen through every time. One of these days, I’m going!
- What’s the most inspiring place you have ever been to or you intend to go? Cambodia— it’s a country just getting back on its feet, and the people there are so vibrant and full of life.
- Which experience about traveling do you value the most? For me, travel is all about experiencing new cultures and lifestyles. It never ceases to amaze me how alike people are, even when they express themselves in radically different ways.
- What was the most awkward travel experience you have had so far? I’m going to say my biggest travel flubs were my first night in Beijing and being used as a bargaining chip in Laos.
- Which place do you think should be on everyone’s radar but is ever so often missed? Slovenia. It’s incredibly beautiful!
- What’s your favorite type of travel? Usually I’d say adventure– I love the excitement! But right now I’m ready for some down time so today I’d say relaxation.
- Is there something you always do when abroad – a habit? I’m a picture taking fanatic, to a fault.
- Is there something you really miss from home when abroad or something you even can’t travel without? Well, my phone is my lifeline, so I would hate to travel without that. But what I miss most from home is my momma’s cooking. It’s amazing.
- If you could recommend one thing about traveling what would it be? Take chances, let go of rigid plans, allow the world to show you all the things that make it such an amazing place to be.
- What are the five travel-essentials you’re never going without? Phone, notebook & pen, battery pack, Kindle, length of rope or string.
- Do you have a song you always put on when traveling? The Story, by Brandi Carlile
Ok, here are my 11 nominations:
- Girls in Polka Dots
- The Simple Gift
- Off Your Beaten Path
- Shilpa Elizabeth
- Kathy in Vietnam
- Getaway Journal
- Godspeed to a Mighty Balloon
- Free but Fun!
- Stretching Into Infinity
And last but not least, here are 11 questions:
- Why do you travel?
- What do you value most about travel?
- What place has had the best food?
- What has been your favorite place overall?
- What is your favorite travel memory?
- How long do you plan on traveling?
- What’s your favorite non-traveling hobby or activity?
- Are you a beach or mountains kinda person?
- What do you tell someone who’s just starting to consider real travel?
- Do you have a creative outlet?
- What’s your best travel advice?